Friday, December 12, 2008

Weekend Projects

Here are a couple projects with instructions for you to try over the weekend ;0)
First we have an adorable holiday mailbox by Elisabeth using the Monsters Under my Bed addict kit.....yes you read it right she used totally non holiday paper for a holiday project and I think it is FANTASTIC!

This cute little mailbox is from the dollar store section of Target and was so simple and fun to alter! First, take a piece of patterned paper, 12 x 4 inches and punch a ½ inch circle 3 ½ inches up and ¼ inch in on the left side of the paper (along the long side). Snip the paper at the circle so that you can easily slip the paper over the attached handle on the mailbox. Adhere the paper with your favorite adhesive. I like to use zip dry for projects like this. Next, cut 2 strips of contrasting patterned paper, ¼ x 12 inches and adhere along the edges of the lids of the mailbox. Using the lid of the mailbox as a template, cut out 2 pieces of patterned paper and cover the lids with them. Print out “North Pole” on a piece of cardstock and trim to 1 x ¾ inches, and adhere to the top of the handle.
Embellish as desired. I used lots of stickles to add shimmer and a snowy effect.


Next we have a handy cute little gift bag for all those last minute holiday gifts. Krista created this bag using the Good Cheer Addict Kit

I know that a lot of scrappers are looking for ways to use all of the simply gorgeous Christmas themed paper to make beautiful gifts and packages for those gifts, and that includes me! I pulled out one of my gift bags I bought awhile back and decided that my December kit needed to be used to decorate it! To make a cute gift bag of your own start by purchasing a gift bag- you can find them anywhere from your local dollar store, Wal-Mart, craft store, or other department store. Next, you'll need to measure the front panel of the bag to see how tall and wide to cut your paper. The hardest part of this project is deciding which one of the adorable papers from your december kit that you want to use on the bag ;) Cut it and then adhere to the bag, you may want to use a liquid adhesive here for a stronger bond. Now all that you need to do is decorate! I used some of the chipboard shapes and faux snow from my kit add-on and a ribbon from my stash to tie a bow on the handle. I also created the tag with cardstock from my kit.

We'd love to see your scrappy creations- so if you make them be sure to post a comment with a link to your creation!



1 comment:

Tonya said...

I always like the hand made gift bags! The mail box is so cute I cnat believe none of that is holiday paper. Great job on your altered projects!