Wednesday, October 8, 2008

12 weeks of projects #2

Supplies needed:2 pieces of 12x12 patterned paper
1 piece of cardstock (mine is 5x7)
1 clock assembly
1 canvas frame (your choice of size, I used a 13” one)
1 giant clothes pin
Paint for your canvas
Embellishments

Step 1- Paint your canvas and allow it to dry for 24 hours. I also spray painted my clock hands. I did it to match my papers. After your paint is dry poke a hole through for your clock. (you’ll have to do this again later, however it will be easier if you make the hole in the canvas now) You’ll also need to paint your clothes pin and allow it to dry.
Step 2- cut your 2 pieces of PP to fit onto your canvas. Leave a ½” space all the way around. I inked the edges of mine to add dimension. Then glue down.
Step 3- attach your cardstock, again I inked the edges.
Step 4- poke holes through your paper to attach your clock.
Step 5- put your embellishments on how you choose. I wanted to cover my clothes pin as best as I could so I put the large Heidi Swapp flowers over them. I cut my huge flower from a piece of paper. I inked my thickers so that they matched my papers better. That’s it! You now have a great photo display!
This project is worth 100 points!

Another take on this one by Audra
Check out the other projects and join in the contest here

No comments: